Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Alot is Better Than You at Everything


If you are grammatically conscientious, I'm positive you have noticed the grievous misuses of the English language online, in comments on YouTube, in Facebook status updates, etc.

How many people have ever mispelled, oops - I mean misspelled "a lot" as "alot"?



For Allie, writer of the blog, "Hyperbole and a Half", deals with "alot" by imagining the creature above. According to the blog, "The Alot is an imaginary creature... made up to help me deal with my compulsive need to correct other people's grammar. "

Being somewhat of a grammar Nazi as well, reading about the Alot has been one of the highlights of my spelling/grammar policing. If someone says, "I care about this alot", this is what Allie imagines:




This post had me laughing with its spot-on humor and cleverness. The drawings are rough in a stylized way that adds to the personality of the blog.

This is the funniest page I've come across in a while. Now... I know what you're thinking:
.
But in this case it's legit.

I don't do justice to this ridiculously funny person and blog. You can find the blog in its entirety here:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

-Eric Tran

ET

No comments: